Wrestlingmaniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2009 WWE Draft

2 posters

Go down

The 2009 WWE Draft Empty The 2009 WWE Draft

Post  CheerUpEmoKid Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:12 am

We’re one week away from the 2009 WWE Draft, I figured I’d see what you guys were thinking in terms of who should move where and how things should be shaken up.

I think this is the first time in recent memory where, for me at least, things don’t feel entirely stale per se and thus there’s nothing I can particularly predict as wanting to see in the draft. In fact some of the things I’m expecting to see don’t sound like much of a change at all.

What I’m expecting to see:

-Triple H to Raw – This one is a given to me. You knew his stay on Smackdown wasn’t going to last that long, and the last month or so Triple H has basically been one of the main guys on Raw anyway. Meh, whatever.

-Evan Bourne to Raw – This may be more of a stretch, but as much as Bourne was appearing on Raw right before his injury, bringing him officially onto the roster seems likely. Plus the most promising ECW roster member always ends up on Raw during the draft (see Punk, Kofi, etc.)

-Christian to Raw or Smackdown – Not sure where he’ll go, but I have to think they will use this opportunity to take Christian off of the last show you expected to see him on and put him on one of the main two.

What I’d like to see:

-Shawn Michaels to Smackdown – I really can’t think of much I’m salivating to see HBK do on Raw these days. Send him to Smackdown and suddenly you have a ton of new feuds and matches for Shawn to partake in. He can be a much needed boost to the main title scene on the show (whatever title they end up with), plus it opens up the possibility of reasonably seeing HBK and the Undertaker interact more this year. Feud of the year so far, I can go for round two.

-Chris Jericho to Smackdown – Again, another guy I’m just not seeing much for on Raw. And Smackdown can use a shot in the arm in terms of the main event scene, since post draft I’m sure Triple H will be gone, Edge and Big Show are questionable, and really that’s been three-fourths of the main event scene for awhile.

The rest I’m willing to just see what happens. The one other thing I’d like to see happen is have Steamboat end up as the new Smackdown GM, since I’m assuming Steamboat won’t be wrestling regularly at all, but at least this way he can be a regular part of the show. Just a thought.

CheerUpEmoKid

Back to top Go down

The 2009 WWE Draft Empty Results!

Post  CheerUpEmoKid Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 am

Draft results from Monday:

1. MVP (US Champ) from Smackdown to Raw

2. Big Show from Smackdown to Raw

3. Melina (Women’s Champ) from Raw to Smackdown

4. Matt Hardy from Smackdown to Raw

5. Triple H (WWE Champ) from Smackdown to Raw

6. CM Punk from Raw to Smackdown

7. The Miz from ECW to Raw

8. Kane from Raw to Smackdown

9. Jericho from Raw to Smackdown

10. Vladimir Koslov from Smackdown to ECW

11. Maryse (Divas Champ) from Smackdown to Raw

12. Rey Mysterio from Raw to Smackdown

And the supplemental draft from today:

-Mr. Kennedy from Smackdown to Raw

-Shad Gaspard from Raw to Smackdown

-Alicia Fox from ECW to Smackdown

-Primo Colon (half of the tag champs) from Smackdown to Raw

-Mike Knox from Raw to Smackdown

-Ezekiel Jackson from Smackdown to ECW

-Nikki Bella from Smackdown to Raw

-Candice Michelle from Raw to Smackdown

-Zack Ryder from Smackdown to ECW

-Chavo Guerrero from Smackdown to Raw

-Ricky Ortiz from ECW to Smackdown

-Layla from Raw to Smackdown

-Hornswoggle from ECW to Raw

-DH Smith from Smackdown to ECW

-John Morrison from CW to Smackdown

-Carlito (half of the tag champs) from Smackdown to Raw

-Natalya from Smackdown to ECW

-Festus from Smackdown to Raw

-JTG from Raw to Smackdown

-Dolph Ziggler from Raw to Smackdown

-The Brian Kendrick from Smackdown to Raw

-Charlie Haas from Raw to Smackdown

-Hurricane Helms from Smackdown to ECW

-Brie Bella from Smackdown to Raw

Last edited by CheerUpEmoKid on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

CheerUpEmoKid

Back to top Go down

The 2009 WWE Draft Empty Re: The 2009 WWE Draft

Post  13th Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:52 pm

CheerUpEmoKid wrote: Shad Gaspard from Raw to Smackdown

Who?

I'm not happy that Punk is now on Smackdown...I don't usually watch it.
13th
13th
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  CheerUpEmoKid Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:24 pm

13th wrote:
CheerUpEmoKid wrote: Shad Gaspard from Raw to Smackdown

Who?

I'm not happy that Punk is now on Smackdown...I don't usually watch it.

Shad is the bogger half of Cryme Time. Glad that JTG (the other half) also ended up going to Smackdown, though seemingly the only other team in WWE (the Colons) ended up on Raw so yeah, what the hell? I also particularly hate that the tag titles/champions ended up on the one show where tag wrestling is completely ignored. The entire time Miz/Morrison vs. The Colons was going on, it was basically happening on ECW and Smackdown. This makes no sense.

The draft overall was pretty darn underwhelming. Jericho and Punk to Smackdown are about the only thing I really like (I do find Smackdown to be the better show than Raw though, to be fair) while the rest is almost entirely a "who cares?"

CheerUpEmoKid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down