Wrestlingmaniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Sh*t (2009 edition)

+2
13th
The Diamond Dawg™
6 posters

Go down

Holy Sh*t (2009 edition) Empty Holy Sh*t (2009 edition)

Post  The Diamond Dawg™ Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Alright...I've shared some pretty cool rasslin' related moments with you guys before, so it's only fitting that I share this one.

So, I've been doing some ring announcing in the Houston area for almost a year now and have been fortunate to meet and make connections with some pretty cool people I consider friends...some of whom have NWA ties.

Anyhoo...long story short, my "rasslin' binness" networking finally paid off last weekend as for about an hour before a scheduled meet & greet, I got to hang out "backstage" with none other than....

Holy Sh*t (2009 edition) Ashton7-9Months083

......wooo! Wink

The Diamond Dawg™
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Holy Sh*t (2009 edition) Empty Re: Holy Sh*t (2009 edition)

Post  13th Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:38 pm

Did you get him to give you one of his famous chops?

Very cool Dawg...I'm envious!
13th
13th
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Diamond Dawg™ Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:27 pm

13th wrote:Did you get him to give you one of his famous chops?

Very cool Dawg...I'm envious!

The atmosphere was pretty quiet & laid back, so no chops....but had there been any alcohol involved, I would have insisted!!

He really is all class and very humble in person. When he walked in, he came over, shook my hand and introduced himself as if I had no idea who he was....I felt like a 12-year-old kid. It took everything I had not to mark out and spend the next hour telling him how awesome he was. Laughing

The Diamond Dawg™
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Legendkiller Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:11 pm

I felt the same way when I met the Honky Tonk Man, except for the legend part...

...and the World Champion aspect of it...

...and the Hall of Fame thing...

...and that talent and charisma thing...

...and that part where I didn't really feel the need to mark out...

...other than that though, it was just like it!

That's pretty fricken' sweet man. Envious I am.
Legendkiller
Legendkiller

Back to top Go down

Post  mike3775 Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:28 pm

that your little one Dawg?

mike3775
Admin

https://wrestlingmaniacs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Diamond Dawg™ Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:53 am

mike3775 wrote:that your little one Dawg?

Yes sir.

The Diamond Dawg™
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  CheerUpEmoKid Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Wow dude, that is quite awesome. And I've somehow missed your "wrasslin" inside stories. Would love to hear them/more some time.

CheerUpEmoKid

Back to top Go down

Post  The Diamond Dawg™ Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:39 pm

CheerUpEmoKid wrote:Wow dude, that is quite awesome. And I've somehow missed your "wrasslin" inside stories. Would love to hear them/more some time.

Don't know if I'd call 'em "inside" stories....perhaps "chance opportunities" to hang out with some familiar faces would be more accurate. Pretty sure most everybody that's lurking here has already heard 'em, so I'll see if I can find them on the old board and PM them to you.

The Diamond Dawg™
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Diamond Dawg™ Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:58 pm

Check your PM, EmoKid....you've got mail. Wink

The Diamond Dawg™
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  CheerUpEmoKid Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:57 pm

The Diamond Dawg™️ wrote:Check your PM, EmoKid....you've got mail. Wink

Unfortunately the old boards are offline now, but thanks for trying Dawg. Much appreciated. :-)

So the closest thing I have to a wrestling story takes place on the indy scene, where it really isn’t that uncommon to see guys after shows and such. But this story was an experience...

In CHIKARA there’s a wrestler named Icarus. It was my first weekend seeing CHIKARA (live or otherwise) and after the show my girlfriend and I went with some people to the local waffle house for some food. While there my friends notice one of the wrestlers coming in by himself to eat. He wasn’t on the show so I didn’t recognize him at all. They actually invited him to sit with us, but he declined. Before long it became clear he was trying hard to stay in character (he’s a heel) and torment us. When was it most obvious? When he went to the jukebox and put on Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” and then proceeded to lip-sing along with the song, knowing that we were watching. It was the greatest heel move I have ever seen.

After he left he ran over to the window where we were all sitting and started making faces and eventually gave us the finger and ran off. It was amazing.

CheerUpEmoKid

Back to top Go down

Holy Sh*t (2009 edition) Empty Nice picture buddy. :)

Post  Mister Sinister ® Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:11 am

Sounds like a nice time Double D. I'm glad you got a chance to hang out with the MAN. It's an experience WELL worth having as that is one dynamic SOB. Your little "Dawg" is adorable by the way, congratulations. Smile
Mister Sinister ®
Mister Sinister ®
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Diamond Dawg™ Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Well, if you'd told me I'd have an even cooler rasslin' experience than meeting Ric Flair earlier this year, I'd have argued with you that it wouldn't happen.....until last Sunday, anyway. I had to swallow some pride to do it, but I can say that I literally got to "walk that aisle" on the grandest stage of 'em all. That's right, friends...I was one of around 70 John Cena imposters that accompanied John Cena to the ring last Sunday at Wrestlemania 25. Laughing

I wish I had some cool pictures to share with ya, but we were told if we did we would be asked to leave immediately...talk about a buzz kill. Rolling Eyes At any rate, I got to see pretty much everybody on the roster (minus Jericho), and got to see first hand how hard all the people behind the camera have to work to make everything flow seamlessly on our TV screens. Impressive to say the least.

First real "mark out" moment for me was walking through the tunnel for our rehearsal at about noon and passing Vince at the "gorilla position"...wasn't expecting to see him that early in the day at all! The look on his face was none too pleasing. He either hated us personally, or didn't care AT ALL for the idea of around 100 "Cena clones" appearing on his show...I made eye contact but not for long, as the glare he had on his face was the "yyyyou're fiiiired!!" one. When one of my friends behind me walked past him, he saw the old man shaking his head in disgust. So if nothing else, know that Vince thought the idea was just as lame as us internet smarks did. Laughing

Watching the guys (& gals I love you) work out in the ring and planning their matches throughout the afternoon was really cool, especially UT/HBK....surreal!

When we went out for the live show, Vince had Steph (smokin'!), HHH, Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco sitting alongside him watching the events unfold.

While I got some pretty cool memories (like helping Mr. Kennedy get out of a bus he was alone and stuck in), my one regret was seeing but not flagging down Kevin Von Erich backstage after the show to say hi....I'll probably never get that opportunity again. Sad

Anyhoo...I'm leaving a TON of stuff out in a failed effort to be brief, but just wanted to share probably the coolest wrestling experience I'll probably ever have with my fellow die-hard "Wrestlingmaniacs!" Cool

The Diamond Dawg™
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  CheerUpEmoKid Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:57 pm

That is so awesome Dawg. Makes me slightly forgive how lame that entrance was since at least you got to be part of the show and see the backstage workings of WWE's biggest event of the year. If it benefits someone I know then it can't be all bad, right? Very Happy

CheerUpEmoKid

Back to top Go down

Post  13th Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Dude! That must have been amazing. I'm freakin' jealous.
13th
13th
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down