Wrestlingmaniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recession to depression?

4 posters

Go down

Recession to depression? Empty Recession to depression?

Post  13th Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Watch the video. Comments welcome. The basic message is Obama has made a huge mistake with these bailouts.

13th
13th
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Recession to depression? Empty Re: Recession to depression?

Post  The Diamond Dawg™ Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Everything he says is soooo common sense...I'll leave it at that lest I end up on a carpel tunnel syndrome inducing rant.

The Diamond Dawg™
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenRog Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:17 am

Well, I'm looking forward to the complete journalistic propaganda machine to give glowing remarks about Obama's first 100 days. Meanwhile, the reality is this guy has done NOTHING to help the economy, or bolster foreign relations to get them to send more NATO troops to Afghanistan.

We still have an incomplete Cabinet. Not good to not have HHS positions filled in the midst of a possible pandemic.
We got low flyovers over NYC, freaking the f*ck out of the entire NYC area.
We have a President that has to rely exclusively on teleprompters.
We have a Congress that will spend us into oblivion.

I could go on and on.

What change.

RavenRog

Back to top Go down

Post  13th Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:48 am

I think this whole "first hundred days" thing is just stupid. An arbitrary date for a report card. I don't expect to see much progress yet. We're still in the early innings so to speak. The world is in the shit, no doubt there. It will take years to get things stable again. And I think the worse is yet to come. Layoffs are still on the rise, the motor companies are still all fucked up.

As for Obama...He speaks well, beyond that I'm not that impressed. He and his family are a great photo op. They're all so good looking...but that's doesn't count for shit.

As for the fly over...Wow, that was really, really stupid. Impressively so.

What change? So far, I have to agree with Raven. And I think trying to spend our way out of this isn't going to work.
13th
13th
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  mike3775 Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:55 pm

I can tell you first hand, this is not a recession we are in.

I had to lay off a few employees in the past couple weeks because my business is down. I was also let go from my university gig and the wife was laid off as well. Fortunately, I have a solid savings account where we do not need to worry for awhile, and we keep feeding it from the bar and her unemployment.

As far as Obama goes, he has yet to do anything that has helped the economy at all. He said that we hit bottom last week, then new unemployment numbers came out, and they rose, so how can we hit bottom if the number of people filing for unemployment rose?

And as far as those unemployment numbers goes, the news tends to overlook the people who may have been let go who do not qualify for unemployment as well(like part time workers), so those numbers are actually lower than they really are.

I know people who have been looking for work since September and the unemployment has run out, and they are still unemployed and do not get counted on unemployment figures for my state

mike3775
Admin

https://wrestlingmaniacs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down