Wrestlingmaniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I just got a Blu Ray player...

Go down

So I just got a Blu Ray player... Empty So I just got a Blu Ray player...

Post  CheerUpEmoKid Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Actually it was about three weeks ago. Went to PC Richards to buy a new TV. Flat, big screen, finally. Went for a 46 inch Sony, which they had a great price on. I wasn't planning on buying a Blu Ray player that same day to go with it, but the salesman gave me a great price on a Samsung player, so I went for it.

Anybody else make the switch to Blu Ray yet? I think I like it. Definitely notice the difference in picture quality and sound from DVD. The picture is a lot more like film, which as a cinephile definitely excites me.

What I don't like is how few titles there are on Blu Ray right now. If it were up to me, I'd replace my entire DVD collection (a little at a time mind you, I have 295 movies on DVD) with Blu Rays. The discs themselves take up a lot less room. I can fit 10 Blu Rays on a shelf that used to fit 8 DVDs. That's big to me. But right now the pickings are slim. I've bought 11 Blu Rays so far, nothing that I already have on DVD, and all mostly action movies. I am happy that Criterion is starting to release stuff on Blu Ray, as I honestly would rather own a lot of foreign/art films than action films, but right now there just isn't a lot on the market that I see as must buy.

I am looking forward to Star Trek (the new one) coming out next month. Loved the movie, and have to think it will look amazing on Blu Ray.

CheerUpEmoKid

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum